Datch is a voice AI for the industrial workforce. We work with an exciting array of global customers -including Fortune 500 manufacturers, energy providers and more - supplying them with an interactive natural language engine they can use with verbal, conversational dialogue. This allows frontline workers to talk through their day-to-day processes in real-time, leading to big improvements in knowledge retention and a more efficient, happier workforce.
Founded in a garage in 2017, Datch now has offices in the UK, US, and New Zealand. We're growing rapidly with backing from well-known investors such as Blackhorn Ventures, BlueBear Capital, Boeing HorizonX, and Plug and Play Ventures, and we’re building an exciting product with deep engineering and domain expertise.
We are looking for a dedicated, ambitious and self-driven Chief of Staff. As a core operational leader in the company, you will work closely with our CEO to empower the leadership team, manage day-to-day needs, and deliver new initiatives.
About You (Your mindset / What you're looking for)
- You’re a generalist – able to apply your knowledge broadly and into unfamiliar territory
- You’re tech-savvy, and you love to build
- You’re a self-starter – can work on projects with ambiguous context
- You thrive in a fast-moving and chaotic startup environment
- You’re excited to tackle hard and novel strategic problems
- You empower your team to succeed
- You’re a world-class communicator
About the role (What you'll do)
You will be expected to:
- Work alongside our CEO, supporting in a range of general executive functions
- Assist with daily business management tasks
- Ensure team is running smoothly and maintaining high-value productivity
- Focus team’s attention around company initiatives
- Set targets and ensure accountability through cross-functional team leadership
- Assist with hiring top talent, board management, and investor relations
- Manage network, recruitment, and investor pipelines for CEO
- Spin up and manage new initiatives where we don’t yet have resources in place
- Ability to “zoom in”, allowing leadership team to “zoom out”
- A proven track record of balancing a demanding workload across a range of functions
- Ability to work in ambiguous environments and take on new initiatives
- Experience in managing teams with complex interactions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Must be a self-starter, team player and strategic thinker. Able to thrive in a fast-paced, often uncertain startup environment.
- Highly organized and data-driven
- Ability to travel within the US and occasionally in AUS/NZ/Europe
- Startup experience (Seed to Series B/C preferred)
- Success in driving new initiatives with positive outcomes
- Experience in building an early stage company, ideally an ex-founder
- An interest in and understanding of ML / AI impacts on the business world
- An interest in and understanding of industry 4.0 & enterprise digital transformation
You must be eligible to work in the United States (with a valid working Visa, Residency or Citizenship) to be successful in this application.