Product Privacy Statement
datch.io (“Datch”) provides voice visual AI technology for industrial processes, collecting and structuring detailed operational information from users in the factory or in the field.
This Product Privacy Statement explains how we collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process end user personal information on behalf of business customers in connection with our products and services (collectively, the “Services”). Datch is the data processor and Datch customers are the data controllers with respect to such personal information.
Datch’s processing of personal information in connection with the Services is governed by this Product Privacy Statement and our customer agreements. In the event of any conflict between this Product Privacy Statement and a customer agreement, the customer agreement will control to the extent permitted by applicable law.
This Product Privacy Statement is not a substitute for any privacy notice that Datch customers are required to provide to their employees or other end users.
Personal Information We Collect
Information provided to us by end users in connection with their use of the Services, including:
- Personal and business contact information, such as your first and last name, work email and mailing addresses, and phone number.
- Registration information, such as your username and password.
- Voice data, including the raw audio of what you say.
- Photos and videos, such as the photos and videos you take in connection with your work and upload using the Services.
- Communications that we exchange with you and that you exchange with other users, including when you contact us with questions or feedback, or correspond with other users through the Services.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
Service delivery. We use your personal information to:
- Provide, operate and improve the Service and our business;
- Customize the end user experience, such as personalizing content and features to better match interests and preferences;
- Communicate with you about the Service, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; and
- Provide support for the Service, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services, and promote our business.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- Protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
We may share your personal information with:
We may share your personal information with:
Datch customers, only to the extent the information pertains to that customer’s end users.
Partners, such as companies that work with us to conduct training on the voice data we collect.
Service providers that help us manage and improve the Services (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, and website analytics services).
Authorities and others, such as law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees, such as acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Datch (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We also enable end users to share information with each other when using the Services, e.g., by participating in chats to share information with other end users.
Other Sites and Services
The Service may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
Data Subject Rights
Datch customers are the data controllers of end users’ personal information. As the data controllers, Datch customers are responsible for receiving and responding to end users’ requests to exercise any rights afforded to them under applicable data protection law. Datch will assist customers in responding to such requests as set forth in the customer contract.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Datch retains personal information for as long as necessary to (a) provide the Services; (b) comply with legal obligations; (c) resolve disputes; and (d) enforce the terms of customer agreements. See the customer contract for additional information regarding Datch’s data retention practices.
International Data Transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may use services providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may therefore be processed in the United States or transferred to other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country. See the customer contract for additional information regarding how Datch safeguards the personal information it transfers across borders.
How to Contact Us
You can reach us by email at email@example.com or at the following mailing address: