Manufacturing operations are complex and rely on high volume, accurate data coming from the frontline for continuous production and high levels of OEE. Your employees are busy, they have their hands full, and they would rather be working with their equipment than spending up to 20% of their time on important data collection.
Datch is the first and most advanced voice AI developed for the manufacturing workforce. Datch enables workers to carry out production, quality, and maintenance processes throughout their day, such as notification raising and dispatches, work order creation, real time history recording, safety logging, and more, all through simple conversational interactions.
Use Cases (Solutions)
The single most important metric in manufacturing operations is overall equipment effectiveness (OEE). Quality, performance, and availability are monitored through a combination of sensor data and shopfloor feedback from production and maintenance staff, and improvements to OEE are made through subsequent data-driven insights by management. In high output plants, equipment breakdowns are costly on many levels — downtime adversely affects availability, part replacements can be expensive, and precious labor is spent fighting fires instead of working on preventative maintenance or doing detailed asset inspections.
Process driven teams, along with predictive maintenance, can lead to an initial cost reduction and productivity gains of an estimated 10% to 20%. But this requires consistent, high quality data being collected at the front line, along with the time to do this.
Here are some examples processes deployed with Datch in manufacturing plants:
Asset Data Capture / Asset Management
Datch’s NLP technology is uniquely designed to capture detailed Asset ID information quickly and accurately.
e.g. “Datch, write history to work order 10805, compressor visual oil check complete
e.g. “Datch, create work order, east wing conveyor motor mount 19JA941 needs to be replaced to prevent expansion of hairline fracture.
Search Work Orders/Search History
- Datch allows for frontline workers to search through work orders and maintenance history, without ever having to leave site.
- Workers can troubleshoot and maintain complex electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical systems.
- Service, maintain, and repair equipment with the right information on-hand via a simple query.
- Follow established procedures in shutting down and disassembling equipment, replacing damaged or worn parts, and reassembling and testing equipment to required specifications,
- Search inventory lists
Create Work Orders/Notifications/History
- Datch allows for frontline workers to raise, update, and close work orders on site while working through a job, allowing for rich, detailed capture of information. Maintenance and reliability engineers can identify, quantify, and implement opportunities that will improve overall equipment reliability and performance.
- Create history and work orders for maintenance of discrete and continuous process equipment.
- Create history and work orders for maintenance, removal & installation of assets
- Report on repairs, rebuilds, and modifications of equipment and parts to suit production requirements.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Carry out inspections and reports of conditions that may cause premature breakdowns.
- Identifying and reporting reoccurring maintenance needs (conditions that lead to eventual failure).
Checklists, Handovers, and Transactional Work
- Datch allows for frontline workers to move through day-to-day procedures and checklists quickly, efficiently, and without the need for a physical paper trail.
- Health and safety checklists.
- Daily field level hazard assessments for all activities.
- Safety checklists.
- Measurement points and calibration.
- Datch facilitates shift handovers through real-time observational data capture and easy access to the handover records.
Request a Datch demo for manufacturing.