Operations in the mining industry are complex and rely on high volume, accurate data coming from the field for continuous extraction, processing, and transport of minerals. Your field employees are busy, they have their hands full, and they would rather be doing work than spending up to 20% of their week on important data collection.
Datch, the first and most advanced voice AI developed for the mining workforce. Datch enables workers to carry out company processes across different business units, such as notification raising, work order creation, real time history recording, safety logging, and more, all through simple conversational observations.
Use Cases (Solutions)
Equipment breakdowns are often costly on many levels — downtime means productivity is affected, parts can be expensive and then there are the wasted outlays on labor and energy.
Predictive maintenance for mining operations can lead to an initial cost reduction and productivity gains of an estimated 10% to 20%.
Here are some examples processes using Datch in mining maintenance operations:
Asset Data Capture / Asset Management
- Datch’s NLP technology is uniquely designed to capture detailed Asset ID information quickly and accurately
e.g. “Datch, write history to work order 100080604, gas compressor visual oil check complete
e.g. “Datch, create work order, cold vent valves 29EKG11A051 fractured fittings need to be reinstated to prevent gas from venting.
Search Work Orders/Search History
- Datch allows for frontline workers to search through work orders and maintenance history, without ever having to leave site.
- Workers can troubleshoot and maintain complex electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical systems.
- Service, maintain, and repair surface and underground mining equipment.
- Follow established procedures in shutting down and disassembling equipment, replacing damaged or worn parts, and reassembling and testing equipment to required specifications,
- Search inventory lists
Create Work Orders/Notifications/History
- Datch allows for frontline workers to raise, update, and close work orders on site while working through a job, allowing for rich, detailed capture of information. Maintenance and reliability engineers can identify, quantify, and implement opportunities that will improve overall equipment reliability and performance.
- Create history and work orders for maintenance of haul trucks, light vehicles and similar process equipment, e.g. Forklifts, Dozers
- Create history and work orders for maintenance, removal & installation of surface and underground mining equipment
- Report on repairs, rebuilds, and modifications of equipment and parts to suit production requirements.
- Maintain accurate records of vibration equipment.
- Inspections and reports of conditions that may cause premature breakdowns.
- Identifying and reporting reoccurring maintenance needs (conditions that lead to eventual failure).
Checklists, Handovers, and Transactional Work
- Datch allows for frontline workers to move through day-to-day procedures and checklists quickly, efficiently, and without the need for a physical paper trail.
- Health and safety checklists.
- Daily field level hazard assessments for all activities.
- Vehicle safety checklists.
- Measurement points and calibration.
- Datch facilitates supervisor shift handovers through real-time observational data capture and easy access to the handover records.