The fast-paced world of manufacturing isn’t slowing down anytime soon. Industry 4.0 is on the rise, and record order books are leading to higher demands on production teams. If you add the fact that current supply chain complications haven’t made things easier, shouldn’t streamlining frontline processes be the most important strategy for gaining a competitive edge? Fortunately, Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been working its way into the manufacturing sector, and with this technology comes incredible impacts.
Applying Voice AI solutions within your everyday frontline operations can be an easy win for increased efficiency in processes, data quality, and overall operational improvements.
The most successful Voice-Visual AI technologies should be those that are built for industrial users, and act as a single interface to your business-critical databases.
“Most of the progress over time has come not from automating things that we are already doing, but from doing new things…When technology complements humans… it increases wages and leads to more widely shared prosperity.” - Erik Brynjolfsson, Senior Fellow at the Stanford Institute for Human-Centered AI (HAI)
Keeping manufacturing production lines running should be enough of a challenge for your operations. Unfortunately, the complexity doesn’t stop there.
Operations and maintenance teams are dealing with a range of challenges every day, including:
- Getting high-volume and accurate data into work management tools such as IBM Maximo, so that you make decisions that impact overall equipment effectiveness (OEE).
- Limited time and productivity bandwidth, taking your employees’ attention away from preventative maintenance and leading to more reactionary tasks that require additional bandwidth.
- Siloed or “lost-in-translation” communication barriers across your organization.
Voice AI for Manufacturing: The Datch Solution
Datch Voice AI solves your business process constraints by seamlessly linking and networking in-house systems, with data-driven approaches that provide simple solutions in a fraction of the time of current processes. Datch uses a highly adaptable AI and natural language processing (NLP) engine to help your team complete workflows and capture observations in real-time. By using voice to configure natural language, images, asset IDs, and sending the data directly into your company databases, Datch removes the friction of operational analyses and insights, swiftly and accurately.
The benefits of transitioning to Voice AI from manual, transient, and easily lost communication methods such as written documentation, are many.Frontline manufacturing workers can simply speak about critical issues in real-time on their mobile devices, and this alone has a significant impact on their day-to-day output, as well as upstream benefits to management.
Just a few examples of obvious short-term ROI gains from digitalizing communications include:
- Richer data capture, through real-time ingestion of knowledge data, resulting in improved root cause analysis, informed purchasing decisions, and data-driven business intelligence.
- Empowered employees, through simplified work management, critical information logging, problem-solving assistance, better asset history, and assisted troubleshooting.
- Enhanced adaptivity across an assortment of workflows from maintenance management to safety, quality, operations, and business intelligence, accelerating team processes by 90%.
- Increased access to high-quality and structured industry knowledge data, driving unparalleled uptime, amplified throughput, and increased revenue.
Learn everything you can about Datch AI solutions by reading our product use cases – HERE
- Datch Product - https://www.datch.io/product
- Datch Manufacturing - https://www.datch.io/blog/manufacturing
- Strongest January on Record for U.S. ManufacturingTechnology Orders - https://metrology.news/strongest-january-on-record-for-u-s-manufacturing-technology-orders/
- AI for All: Experts Weigh In On Expanding AI’s SharedProsperity and Reducing Potential Harms - https://www.uschamber.com/technology/ai-for-all-experts-weigh-in-on-expanding-ais-shared-prosperity-and-reducing-potential-harms